West Bengal government has launched Swami Vivekananda Scholarship to help meritorious students who can’t afford their education fees and study materials. To know more, read the article.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship is an initiative to help poor students for their education. Like other scholarships for the students, this one is also beneficial for those who are doing higher secondary, graduation or post-graduation. From this article you will see the procedure to apply online, check status, eligibility criteria, important documents and many more.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship was launched under the West Bengal government for the concern of students who are financially weak. With the help of this scholarship, students will be able to pay their fees, and consequently they could focus on their studies. This scholarship is for those students who are studying in class 9th to class 12th, doing graduation or post-graduation. West Bengal Department of Education running this scheme to help poor students.
Objective of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
The main objective of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship is to provide students financial support. Students who drop out because of financial issues can continue their studies with such helping hands. But, this scholarship will be provided to meritorious students only so that the literacy rate of the state will increase and there would be positive increments in employment rate.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Benefits and Features
You should know it deeply, so read the below points to get clear information.
- Swami Vivekananda Scholarship was launched under the West Bengal government which is managed by the department of education.
- Using this scheme, students who can’t afford to pay fees can make it.
- All students who are meritorious and financially weak will get scholarships.
- This scholarship is only for those students who are studying in class 9th to class 12th, pursuing graduation or post-graduation.
- Using this scholarship, students can improve their education quality.
- This scheme will also increase the literacy rate of the state.
- Students can study effectively as it will reduce their financial load.
Scholarship Amount Details
Students of West Bengal resident can get benefits from Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Scheme. If you don’t have ideas about the amounts given to the students, check out the below information.
- Directorate of School Education- 1000 Rs. per month for higher secondary education.
- Madrasah Education Directorate– 1000Rs. per month for high madrasah.
- Directorate of Public Instruction– 1000Rs. per month for undergraduates (Arts, commerce). 1500Rs. per month for undergraduates (science, professional courses). 2000Rs. per month for postgraduates (arts, commerce). 2500Rs. per month for postgraduates (science, professional courses). And one more, 5000Rs. to 8000 Rs.will be given to Non-Net M.phil/ Ph.D.
- Technical Education at College or University Level- 5000 Rs. per month for Undergraduate or postgraduate in Engineering or any other professional courses.
- Directorate of Technical Education and Training- 1500Rs. per month for undergraduates.
- Directorate of Medical Education– 1500Rs. per month for diploma courses and 5000Rs. per month for undergraduate medical streams.
Eligibility Criteria for Scholarship
As we have mentioned this scheme is not for all, you must see its eligibility criteria.
- Students must be a resident of West Bengal.
- Students should pass out secondary boards with 75% score or above to get a scholarship in class 11th & 12th.
- To get scholarship for undergraduate level, students should score 75% in 12th board.
- For post-graduation scholarship, they must score 53% (general course) and 55% (engineering courses).
- Students must have passed a diploma (modern office practice & management, pharmacy, 3D animation and graphics)course of 2 years with 75%.
- For Kanyashree, students must have a K2 ID card and also study PG in Arts, Science and Business, also pass his/her graduation with 45%.
- Their annual family income should not exceed 2.5 lakh.
Required Document List
Note down the document list which will be required while applying the form.
- Mark sheet of Secondary board examination or its equivalent.
- Mark of the last final examination, it could be board/university/council/college.
- Income certificate made under CO or SDO.
- Residential certificate, you can also use Aadhar card, voter ID card as a residential proof.
- Bank passbook front page xerox copy
Selection Procedure for Scholarship
Don’t be in a rush, it’s not easy to get a scholarship. You must have patience to receive the amount. Check out the selection procedure.
- First, the department will sort the application form on the basis of marks.
- Department staff will verify all documents attached with the form.
- Once the paper is verified and checked, a merit list will be generated.
- At the end scholarship amount will be transferred to the concerned student’s account.
Apply For Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
From this section you will know the procedure to apply online for the scholarship.
- First, visit the official website of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship.
- On the homepage, a registration form link is available, click it.
- A new page will open, fill in all the asked details correctly.
- Upload required documents, enter your mobile number and email ID.
- Click on submit button, a reference number and password will be generated on your screen or sent to your number, save it.
- Re-login with the help of reference number and password.
- Fill in the remaining details, at the end upload your photo and signature. Then press the submit button. You will get a confirmation message of final submission.
Check Online Status of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
If you have applied for the scholarship doesn’t mean that you will get the amount. You need to check your application status whether it will be selected or rejected.
- First, go to the official website of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship.
- On the homepage, you will get various options. Click on application status.
- A new page will open, where you need to enter your application number, etc.
- In the end, click on the submit button. Now you will be able to check your status along with official reactions (verifying/approved).
Selection List Checking Procedure
Once you will get notice that the government has released a merit list or selection list. You can check your name in the list using the following steps.
- Visit the scholarship portal through this link- https://svmcm.wbhed.gov.in/.
- From the homepage, click on the Scholarship list option.
- Scholarship list will appear on your screen.
- Check your name along with the scholarship amount.
Renewal Process for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
To renew your scholarship, you should apply for the scholarship every year before the beginning of the new session.
- Visit the official website of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship and click on Applicant Login option.
- Now login with the help of your Applicant ID and password.
- You will see all your details, now click on Apply for Renewal Application.
- On the next step, select the year and enter your bank account details on which last year you received the amount. Now, click on the Renewal Authentic button.
- Next step is to enter your current course details including your previous year marks and percentage.
- Now upload required documents such as last exam marksheet, higher class admission receipt and then click on submit button.
- You can download the filled renewal application form and take out its print.
Login into Portal
If you have forgotten or never login into the portal, check out the below mentioned procedure.
- Visit the official website of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship.
- On the homepage, you will see an option at the menu bar, Applicant Login, click it.
- Next, enter your required details such as your applicant ID and password.
- In the end, click on the submit button. You will successfully log into the portal.
Grievance Submission Process
If you are facing any issue regarding scholarship, you can file a grievance through its official portal.
- Open Swami Vivekananda Scholarship official website.
- On the homepage, click on grievance registration.
- Next you will get options: registered applicant, not registered applicant. Select as per your status.
- If you are registered, login. If not, then do guest registration and then login.
- Now, you can fill the grievance form.
- In the end, submit your grievance form.
Although you have got all required details, there can be some queries or doubts. You can go through the following contact details.
Toll free number- +1800-102-8014
Official email ID- email@example.com
Today, we discussed the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Scheme which is for the meritorious students of West Bengal who can’t afford their education fees. If you want to know more government schemes, do subscribe to our newsletter.